More To Barbour Than Waxed Jackets

Wearing barbour shirt

More To Barbour Than Waxed Jackets

Barbour is famous worldwide for their waxed jackets but did you know that they also offer a wider range of clothing? The navy blue slim fit shirt I’m wearing here is from Barbour and I’ve been wearing this outfit a lot ever since I got the shirt!

You can rely on Barbour for the highest quality manufacturing. The shirt is, of course, extremely well made and incredibly comfortable. There aren’t any loose stitching, faults or anything protruding from the cloth that makes it itchy or scratchy on skin.

wearing navy blue and black together
For some reason, I always thought that it was a fashion faux-pas to wear navy and black together but I think it looks alright. What do you guys think? I think I read it somewhere ages ago that you mustn’t pair navy with black. Well, that “fashion rule” is absolute tosh. Apart from black jeans, black skirt, or a pair of black shorts, I don’t know how else to style this dark blue shirt.
wearing black and blue together
I’ll be taking more notice of the clothes at Barbour from now on. I’ve always had a soft spot for their jackets (even our Bonnie has a little Barbour jacket!) and maybe one day, I will save up and invest in one.
navy blue barbour shirt
barbour shirt
I actually applied for a job at Barbour for the Social Media Co-ordinator role at a few weeks ago but have had no leads. Barbour is one of the very few fashion brands whose headquarters are based in the North East, there aren’t many so I’ll really have to keep my eyes open for job opportunities. I’m not sure if I want to stay in the area but if there’s one thing going for the north east, it is the cheaper rent! Or at least getting more value for money!
asos heart shaped bag
black rayban wayfarers
If anyone is interested in checking out Barbour or investing in some quality pieces to add to your wardrobe, they are having a sale at the moment so have a look and see what tickles your pickle! The blue shirt is now £42.00 (down from £69.95).
What I Wore:
Shirt* Barbour // Jeans Topshop // Shoes Freed Of London // Bag ASOS // Sunglasses RayBans

1. June 28, 2015 / 3:05 pm

I think we should generally ignore all the fashio 'rules' black and navy looks fine together. That's a fab shirt, can tell it's well made I didn't know Barbour did other stuff either
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx | bloglovin

2. June 28, 2015 / 3:29 pm

I can't picture Barbour doing anything other than those jackets we've come to know them for! Loving the shirt and what's wrong with pairing navy and black? Very chic outfit, simple but stylish, love it!

Sarah 🙂
    Saloca in Wonderland

3. June 28, 2015 / 4:37 pm

I think this outfit proofs that it's more than ok to go against the grain when it comes to fashion. This look is effortless and looks perfect for Summer 🙂 xx

Fran's Beauty Blog.

4. June 28, 2015 / 5:11 pm

That shirt is so gorgeous, can't believe it's Barbour! x

5. June 28, 2015 / 8:02 pm

This looks gorgeous as do you! There's a barbour store in Bicester which has some lovely printed shirts xx

6. June 28, 2015 / 9:58 pm

Lovely outfit! That shirt looks really nice and suits you so well. 🙂
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

7. June 28, 2015 / 10:00 pm

I always had the same navy/black phobia, bit think I need to try & get over that one. You look stunning!

Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

8. June 29, 2015 / 12:24 am

Such a cute outfit, you look very sophisticated =]

emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

9. June 29, 2015 / 2:36 am

Everything Barbour makes is so timeless! Before my parents sent me off for college, they bought me three different Barbour coats, each in different weights, which would last me through all the seasons of the school year. I told them that they didn't have to and that getting three coats was a little overboard, but they insisted that it was a good investment, and it is! I haven't looked at their other clothing before, but that shirt has the same simplicity, practicality, and timelessness of their coats that I love 🙂 -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

10. June 29, 2015 / 12:58 pm

I love this! I always wear black and navy, I have no idea why it's a faux pas??

11. June 29, 2015 / 2:30 pm

Great shirt, I can tell how good the quality is only by looking at these pictures! I got my boyfriend a Barbour shirt back in January and he loves it!!!
    xx

12. June 29, 2015 / 8:06 pm

I love Barbour as an overall brand, whilst I always wear my wax jacket they also do amazing bags and their products are always so well made 🙂 Love this outfit! X

A Blonde Moment