Easy Recipe For A Healthy Dinner
Being healthy doesn’t have to mean gnawing on a raw carrot everyday. I love cooking and I pride myself in being able to rustle up a decent-looking, healthy meal – but food delivery subscription service, HelloFresh, helps you take it up a notch. There’s something about HelloFresh that makes you believe that you are an amazing cook. Delivering fresh ingredients in the exact quantity with an easy step-by-step recipe to follow, making a healthy, filling dinner has never been this easy.
Whether you’re cooking a healthy meal for yourself or hosting a dinner party with close friends, HelloFresh will help you make take it to Tom Kerridge level; Hearty, flavoursome comfort food made from fresh produce.
I thought I’d share my favourite from a recent box I subscribed for; Prawn and chorizo orzo with roasted cheesy tomatoes. I must confess that I didn’t know what Orzo was, but that’s the beauty of Hello Fresh. It lets you try different things or allows you to cook your favourite foods in an alternative way.
Orzo is a short cut pasta with the appearance of large grain rice. You can put it in salads, soups, and casseroles. If anyone has any delicious orzo recipes, send them my way!
There are a couple of “indulgent” ingredients such as a sprinkle of grated hard Italian cheese and a handful of diced chorizo but obviously go easy on these. Swap them out or omit them completely, it’s entirely up to you. The Prawn and Chorizo Orzo recipe is really versatile. I’ve adapted the HelloFresh recipe to my taste.
Using a small amount of chopped chorizo gives it extra flavour and saltiness. Alternatively, replace the chorizo with one chopped chicken breast but the flavours will alter and you may need to add a pinch of sea salt to taste.
That’s the beauty of this recipe is that you can swap things out, it’s really versatile. I added extra veggies to mine, throw whatever vegetables you want in it!
This Prawn and Chorizo Orzo recipe makes 4 servings.
The ingredients you will need are:
- 1 Courgette (chopped)
- Half a punnet of plum tomatoes (halved)
- 1 Garlic clove (chopped or grated)
- 1 Tin of diced tomatoes
- 1 Vegetable stock pot
- 1 Handful of diced chorizo
- Half an onion
- 1 Pepper (any colour)
- 100g fine beans
- 100g of baby corn
- Grated hard Italian Cheese (1 tbp)
- 150g King Prawns
- 180g Orzo
- 1 Bunch of flat leaf parsley
- 150ml Water
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Boil the kettle.
- Cut the plum tomatoes in half.
- Cut the courgette, pepper and baby corn into 1cm chunks.
- Half the fine beans.
- Dice the onion.
- For the garlic, either chop finely, use a grater, or a garlic press.
- Use a pair of kitchen scissors to roughly cut the parsley (leaves and stalk).
- Pour 150ml of boiling water into a measuring jug and mix the vegetable stock pot until dissolved. Leave to one side.
- Line a baking tray and put the tomatoes (flat side up) with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of the hard Italian cheese and pinch of salt and pepper. Leave to one side until later.
- Using a large frying pan, drizzle some oil on medium heat. Add the diced chorizo, cook for 3 minutes until brown and crispy.
- Add the garlic to the frying pan, along with the orzo, onion, baby corn, pepper and courgette. Coat in the chorizo oil for flavour. Cook for 1 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, the tin of diced tomatoes and stir.
- Put the cherry tomatoes on the top shelf of the oven, roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the Orzo to boil on high heat whilst stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Add the fine beans.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer (stir every minute or so so it doesn’t stick to the pan). Let is simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the prawns and cook for another 5 minutes. Ensure the prawns are cooked through.
- The orzo should be cook and the liquid should be absorbed. However, if it looks too dry, add 50ml of water and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir in half of the parsley. Cook for a further 1 minute.
Serve the Prawn and Chorizo Orzo onto a plate or bowl. Place a few roasted cheesy tomatoes on the top and a sprinkle of parsley.
I recommend HelloFresh if you love to cook. Even if you’re not a good cook, you’ll have an enjoyable experience because the step-by-step instructions are so incredibly easy to follow. To get £20 off your first box, use code TEMPSE at checkout when you sign up to HelloFresh UK.
View my other food posts and recipes here.