Basically just did an internal scream at how fast this year is going (and in general, how fast time seems to go these days). OMG. :-/
We are half way through 2016 and I think we can all agree that it has been a really weird year it has been so far.
The world seems to a bad place at the moment and being an already pessimistic person, it’s hard not to dwell on things or panic about the future. I seem to spend every waking moment panicking about the future, panicking about things that are simply out of my control.
Even when things are good and there’s no real reason to be so ‘glass half empty’, my brain seems to have a radar to pick up the tiniest, most unnecessary thing to stress about. I used to think that there was something wrong with me but anxiety is common and I am aware that I have to break that cycle and take baby steps to change things for myself.
It is subject that I touch on every now and then, surrounding myself with good people and a small change in lifestyle has definitely helped me to calm tf down. Everything that I have been doing is working… I just have to keep at it.
Reminding myself to take a moment and look back on happy things can also make a difference, and that is what I am going to do on my blog today. On the subject on my blog….
…. I realise that I haven’t blogged very much in the past 2-3 months.
I have been working on some freelance projects as well as trying to focus on myself to improve my well-being. I am still finding it extremely difficult to live on my own, I have good days and bad days but on the whole, I try to keep as busy and active as I can. I try and do more of the things that make me happy, and honestly, I’m still trying to figure what that is.
14 Things That Make Me Happy!
But no matter how busy I have been, that’s no excuse to put on the blog on the back burner especially when I have 101 exciting things to blog about! I managed to juggle things in the past even at my busiest time and I’m truly itching to get back in to the routine but you know when you’ve avoided something for so long and you become overwhelmed at your every-growing to-do list? That’s kinda the current sitch of my blog at the moment! I will get back in to a good routine soon…
But as for looking back on the last two months?… What have I been upto? It’s time to let go of the negative things that have happened and show you some of the highlights.
Here are just some of the good stuff that have made me happy!
1. I started ballet at the age of 3 but sadly I gave it up as a stroppy, rebellious 15 year old. Now, at 31 years of age, I’ve taken up dance classes again for fun and I am very happy about that! Every Monday, I look forward to ballet classes back in my hometown.
Another bonus about going home every Monday is that I get to see the baes (the pets!). I take Bonnie out for a long walk before I head to a one hour dance class. One of my faves walks was when all the trees had blossomed and Spring was FINALLY here. That was a nice day!
2. Aside from weekly ballet classes, I also do Zumba twice a week but I recently discovered Glow Fit. It’s not as challenging as the other workout classes I have been to but it sure is a lot of fun! A disco aerobics class if you will, Glow Fitness is where the room goes dark, the UV lighting comes on, and you work out to 80’s and 90’s music and it’s so much fun! You can dance like no one’s watching. Glow sticks optional!
3. Working from home when you live alone is getting increasingly challenging but I must remind myself every day that I am in a very lucky position. It’s just that I find it lonely and that’s quite tough, but I am finally adapting! I’m giving myself time.
In the last few months, I went through a phase of total panic and I ended up panic-applying to jobs – any job – just so I can have a new change of scenery but have had no luck. Maybe they can sense that my heart’s not in it.
For now, it’s nice to have the option to pop in to a coffee shop or a library as a temporary office! There’s always co-working space but haven’t committed to anything yet, but a coffee shop as my office will do for now!
4. This little bear, my niece, came in to our lives 11 weeks ago and she is an absolute babe! She’s changing so much each day (I never knew that babies grow soooooo quickly!!) but I am appreciating every moment – even the crying! We are having a big family get together next Sunday for Edie who is going to be the star of the show, so that’s the next thing for us to look forward to! I can’t wait!
5. Amongst all of the beauty blogging
things that I have yet to blog about, I have been working on a huge post about Primark’s new makeup range. I worked all day on the photos, so all I have to do now is to write it up! Budget beauty buys
always does well on my blog so I can’t wait to finally show you this post!
6. And here’s another preview of an upcoming blogpost! See, I told you I had a lot of exciting things to blog about, eeeeeee!
7. No food makes me happier than sushi. I dream of the day when sushi shops (try saying that when you’re drunk!) take over the number of fast food restaurants. But that’s not really going to happen, is it? Way to shatter my dream! Raw fish is delish, but the veggy sushi are my absolute fave.
8. I wish I lived close to the coast but Saltburn isn’t all that far from me. The past few times I visited Saltburn, the weather has been cold, windy and downright miserable. But come rain or shine, it is one of my favourite places to go in the north east.
He’s so cute. Like, really REALLY CUTE!!!
10. So is this dawg! MEGA CUTE! (No Bonnies were hurt in the making of this pic – so don’t worry. The crown is not clipped to her hair or anything! It’s just placed on top and it’s balancing on top of her head because of how still she was.)
11. I like macarons as much as the next blogger but I can’t decide whether I actually like them or I just like how pretty they look (and thus tricking me in to thinking they’re yummy). The nicest ones you’ll find in the north east are from Betty’s Tea Room, they don’t have the most adventurous of flavours but Betty’s is all about the classics. (Also, shouldn’t it be spelt ‘macarons’ on the box instead of macaroons?)
12. If you’ve not tried this Reese’s peanut butter chocolate spread, then you have not lived! Peanut butter + chocolate + toast… talk about things that make me HAPPY!
13. I don’t spend a lot of money on clothes because I don’t even know what my style is anymore. And since the seasons are all messed up, I don’t even know what I should wear?! But the time when I was totally obsessed with shirts and pretty bows would be a nice time to go back to. Maybe I should start dressing like that again. This pink bow
is a recent purchase from ASOS.
14. This is something I was looking forward to for AGES and I can’t believe it’s finally over! We went to see Beyonce at The Stadium Of Light on Tuesday night and she was amazing, obvs! Feel so lucky to have been one of the 50,000 people there who managed to bag tickets for the sell-out concert!
“If you’re proud of who you are and where you come from, say I slay”
10 thoughts on “14 Things That Make Me Happy!”
Really lovely post Sarah. I tend to worry a lot about things outside of my reach and out of my control. I also need to just focus on the present moment and live the fullest life I possibly can. I dealt with loss recently and it made me realize how time does fly by and I need to just LIVE and try to be happier and more appreciative of things… you've really inspired me to do a post like this one. I think it's important for us to realize that life is short, and we need to make the most of it! XXX
Bonnie is uber cute! x
NINEGRANDSTUDENT: A Student Lifestyle Blog
Aw I always love these more personal posts! Your fluffy little ones are just the best!! Macarons aren't my favourite thing either – I always feel like a fraud when I confess that. In fact, I'm not even much of a snacker nowadays! Always a message away if you're struggling with working from home – I know that feeling far too well! xx
Such a positive post, your photos are gorgeous !
This is such a lovely idea for a post. Gorgeous photos x
Tiffany Tales – A British Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
Aw this was lovely to read! Always good to appreciate stuff like this. Also I can't believe how fast this year is going either!!
Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'
Such a wonderful post, I hope you're well lovely. xxxx
Aren't babies great?
I'm with you on sushi.
Aww love this, how cute are your pets, always put a smile on your face. I'm off to see Beyoncé tonight in Glasgow, so excited!!
livinginaboxx | bloglovin
Lovely post, just found your blog and am enjoying reading through it! 🙂