Easy Recipe For Chocolate Brownies
I have been craving homemade chocolate brownies for ages. And since I’ve reignited my interest for baking, I decided to give it a go! I went on Pinterest to find the one that I liked the look of but a lot of the recipe for the chocolate brownies was American, I had to convert the ingredient measurements into grams. Not great for someone who don’t isn’t good with numbers or measurements. (UH OH)
The first time didn’t go right but I knew it was either because the ingredients were measured out or converted them wrong, or I simply took it out of the oven too early. I perservered… because I really really want chewy, fudgy chocolate brownies and I want them now!
Either way, I decided to scrap the recipe that I found and to re-adjust the recipe myself.
I learned from mistakes and I knew roughly where I had gone wrong so I used less butter and baked it in the oven 10 minutes longer.
To my surprise, it resulted in the loveliest, gooey, fudgy chocolate brownies ever! The top was perfectly crispy, the edges were deliciously chewy whilst the inside turned out mouth-wateringly soft and gooey.
They tasty little bars of heaven were so incredibly quick and easy to make. I urge you to give them a try yourself.
Recipe For The Best Chocolate Brownies
This really is the easiest recipe for chocolate brownies, it came out perfect on my first go and I’m really not the most advanced of bakers! If you’d like to give it a go (and I highly recommend that you do! You won’t regret it!), here’s my recipe for fudgy chocolate brownies:
Cooking time: 45 minutes
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 170C. Line the baking tin with greaseproof paper. Greasing the tin with butter will not be enough when you’re baking anything with a chewy centre, so it is important to line the baking tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Put the dark chocolate chunks and the butter in to the same bowl. Melt this over low heat and stir with a wooden spoon until melted.
3. Once the chocolate and butter have completely melted, put this bowl aside to let it cool down completely. Then add the sugar and stir well.
5. Next, add the chocolate chips, flour and salt into the bowl and lightly fold in the mixture. I know it seems like 30g of flour doesn’t seem like a lot but trust me, it’s the right amount. 30g of flour is all you need for this recipe. TOP TIP: Don’t beat the mixture too heavily. Once you add the flour, keep it light and airy as you can. You don’t want to over-beat this part.
6. Pour the mixture in the lined cake tin and tap the sides a couple of times to get rid of air bubbles.
7. Place the tin in the middle of the oven at 170C and bake for 45 minutes.
9. Let it cool in the tin for 15 minutes and then remove it on to a cooling rack. Leave it to cool down completely before cutting in to it. Cut to size as desired. I’ve gone for 16 little squares.
Finally, enjoy your chewy chocolate brownies!
They will go very quickly, every last crumb will be gone before you know it! But they’re so easy to make, you can whip up another batch in no time! They taste the BEST on the day you’ve baked them if you like the chewy-ness, but they will keep for up to 2 days.