I’ve been trying another new batch of beauty products lately and here are just some of the ones that I’ve enjoyed using the most!
Anything from Soap&Glory that is packaged in one of these large pump dispenser bottles lasts for so long, it’s totally worth the £8 – and it’s cheaper when you buy it in the 3 for 2 offer at Boots! This body lotion
* is a must-have for anyone who likes the Sugar Crush fragrance. It will be the only body lotion you’ll need to buy this year!
REN are launching a limited edition 75ml version of Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask
* to celebrate their 15th anniversary. The mask is one of REN’s classics and it has got a cult following!
As with most REN products that I have tried, this one works immediately and the results are visible after one use. The bio active peel-mask works in to skin to remove the surface of dead skin cells, brightens complexion, reduce fine lines, combats congestion, blackheads and blemishes. It is a little miracle worker and it is takes is 10 minutes once or twice a week for a healthier, more radiant looking skin!
My favourite thing about this mask is that it’s made with natural fruit acids from passion fruit, lemon, grape and pineapple so it’s got a slightly tropical fruit scent to it. This is a potent formula so this mask is not recommended for sensitive skin.
A Light, Barely-There Face Moisturiser:
I’ve had the Bee Good’s Honey & Wild Flax Daily Moisturiser
* for a few months now but I’ve only started using it properly for the past couple of weeks. For the day time, I use a face cream that’s light in texture, and quick to absorb – nothing too rich otherwise my skin gets oily throughout the day and a break-out is inevitable.
The face moisturiser is for normal/combination skin. It’s light, hydrating and gentle which is great as a day cream. It is packed with natural ingredients such as British wild flower honey and British propolis for it’s antibacterial and antioxidant properties. It doesn’t smell like honey, as you would imagine it to be, but it has a slightly fresh, light, floral scent.
One of my handbag essentials now is hand cream. Just like a lip balm, I carry it everywhere with me because the weather hasn’t been kind to my hands and I hate the way it feels (and looks) when they’re dry.
I have tried sooo many hand creams in the past 6 months
in search gor one that doesn’t feel greasy, too thick, or even too runny. When I was recommended the hand balms by Roger&Gallet, I was told that it was a non-sticky cream with a mattifying effect. I was intrigued and couldn’t wait to try it.
The Roger&Gallet hand balms
* are different to all the many hand lotions that I’ve tried and it is indeed matte and not at all sticky. It’s enriched with shea butter and aloe vera, and is suitable for normal to dry skin. It sinks in to skin within 15-30 seconds after application so you can go about your routine straight away without everything slipping out of your hands.
Protect Your Hair From Heat:
I need to get in to the habit of using a heat protector spray, it’s one of those things that I hate spending money on but it does makes a big difference to your hair and keeps it in good condition for longer.
My hair is currently going through a bad phase and I’m trying to take care of it as much as I can before my next visit to the hairdressers (I hate going, so I don’t know when that will be). But I’ll be protecting my hair with the Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Crystal Shine
* spray every time I use a hairdryer, straightening irons or curling tongs!
Time For A New Hair Brush?:
I’m not one of those people who have a different hair brush for different styles – although having long hair, I should consider investing in some more quality hairbrushes.
Basically, I’ve got a big one for styling and a little one for backcombing. I’ve also got a tangle teezer somewhere and as much as I want to love it, I think that’s the biggest waste of money ever. It was one of the blogger hypes that I wish I never fell for.
In a surprise parcel, I was gifted a new hair brush for which I’m super thankful for! It’s a paddle brush from Wet Brush
* that is designed specifically for wet hair. It’s long and flexible IntelliFlex bristles with SofTips on the top of the bristles which massage and stimulate circulation at the follicles on your scalp. It brushes with comfort and ease, and detangles hair without pain. I would recommend going for this over the Tangle Teezer any day.
Ok, so this isn’t a ‘beauty’ product but it’s a known thing that beauty and fashion bloggers love the bloomin’ candles, right?! I have a lot of favourite candles but the one I’ve been burning the most this month is Yankee Candle’s Cappuccino Truffle
from their Cafe Culture collection
. It’s got a strong kick of coffee and a slight hint of chocolate. I love how it when the wax melts and it looks like chocolate! It’s an unusual fragrance for a candle but I really love it!
What products have you been loving lately?