Designer VS High Street: Quirky, Novelty Bags

moschino fast food, quirky bags, novelty bags, quirky accessories
Here’s what’s hot right now! Quirky statement bags! Now, novelty bags has been around for years, it’s not a new thing at all but because it has been all over the catwalk this year, everyone’s going mad for them! Some may think it’s tacky… and truth be told, I think that’s the whole point, but I’d prefer to use the word ‘kitsch’ rather than tacky. But potato, potahto! Certainly, in a society where fashion takes itself far too seriously, it’s these quirky accessories designs that takes the edge off a bit. I interned at an accessory company who created and sold designs like this and it was honestly the best place to work in the entire world! So I can only imagine how fun it must be to design these bags! I saw the Moschino fast food accessories in Selfridges a couple of weeks ago and obviously, it’s something I can only admire through the glass display but this particular collection stuck out like a sore thumb…in a good way! I spotted it while I was on the escalators and thought “ooh, I MUST check that out!”
Having spent an hour doing a bit of virtual window shopping, I found a bunch of high street version of fun, novelty bags. After having a crappy, miserable day, finding these quirky accessories on the shopping sites picked up my mood (I am a simple being!) so I thought I’d gather my favourite ones and put them in to a blogpost for you! Here are some budget-friendly options!
quirky bags, novelty bags, quirky accessories
Follow Me on Twitter • Like My Facebook Page • Follow My Blog on BlogLovin‘ • Send Me An Email

1. 22nd October 2014 / 12:39 pm

Love this! I'm totally digging the New Look and Accessorize ones! I think ModCloth do a super similar one of the Moschino Happy Meal box too! Love love love <3

2. 22nd October 2014 / 12:39 pm

I'm really torn over these – they look cute, but I just can't ever imagine wearing (or paying that much for) them! I could possibly be swayed by the New Look donut bag though…

3. 22nd October 2014 / 1:10 pm

The Newlook doughnut bag is the cutest thing ever, I love the chocolate bar one too x

4. 22nd October 2014 / 2:25 pm

New Look are totally on the ball with their novelty clutches at the moment, they have some pretty cool fluffy cat clutches that I have to stroke every time I'm in! x

Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

5. 22nd October 2014 / 3:26 pm

Cool post! Really great to see that high street shops have some cool bags aswell. Not always a need to buy the designer's original!

Kati

6. 22nd October 2014 / 4:42 pm

Now this is my kind of a blog post! I love novelty style anything! I am so loving that happy meal bag from moschino oh em gee i want it!

fab post sarah!

7. 22nd October 2014 / 6:24 pm

I have to agree with some that the fast-food novelty handbags are a little tacky (or kitsch!), but they do have a certain appeal. Personally, I like the high street versions better, especially the cassette hand bag!

8. 22nd October 2014 / 8:24 pm

Those Charlotte Olympia bags are just perfect. I have the doughnut clutch from New Look – I use it a lot surprisingly but it's a pretty good bag! A perfect statement bag.

CAT xo
    What Cat Says | BlogLovin'

9. 22nd October 2014 / 9:14 pm

Oh my gosh that unicorn bag from New Look is beyond amazing xx

10. 23rd October 2014 / 5:39 am

Love both from the designers and high streets. I think they have their own charm & uniqueness 😀
    Btw, I really adore the clock handbag from Accessorize!

xx

11. 24th October 2014 / 4:04 pm

Loving the novelty bags I think my favourites are the New Look ones 🙂 x

ItsTheBlueBow

12. 25th October 2014 / 4:33 pm

I think they're cute but probably not on me. If I picked one it would be the cassette one for nostalgia's sake. But I think I'll stick to my tote bags for now.