Florals and Milkmaid Braid

UK Fashion blogger, british fashion blogger
fashion blogger uk, style blogger uk
Floral Playsuit ASOS, UK Style blogger, heidi braids, milkmaid braid hairstyle
round sunglasses
Pink leather satchel
white sandals
milkmaid braids, heidi braid hair style
Shop The Post
!function(d,s,id){var e, p = /^http:/.test(d.location) ? ‘http’ : ‘https’;if(!d.getElementById(id)) {e = d.createElement(s);e.id = id;e.src = p + ‘://’ + ‘widgets.rewardstyle.com’ + ‘/js/shopthepost.js’;d.body.appendChild(e);}if(typeof window.__stp === ‘object’) if(d.readyState === ‘complete’) {window.__stp.init();}}(document, ‘script’, ‘shopthepost-script’);

JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.
In one of my first outfit posts in 2011, I had my hair up in milkmaid plaits but haven’t really worn it this style ever since. I don’t know why because it’s sooo quicker than curling it and a lot easier than putting it in a topknot! I’m not sure you need a tutorial from me on how to do milkmaid plaits as there are loads on YouTube tutorials, but you basically plait them on both sides and pin it up with kirby grips! So quick and easy! If you hair is quite choppy and layered like mine, it’s best to plait it whilst it’s still a bit damp so that you catch all the hairs without it spiking out of the braids. Alternatively, use styling mousse or hair gel, that should do the job of taming it!
I thought the silly sunnies would suit my funky hair do but after coming home and looking at the photos, I’ve decided that these round-shaped sunglasses do not suit me! I’ve already worn them and it’s too late to return to ASOS but I’m really not sure I’ll wear them again, to be honest so I think I’ll be selling them on depop soon! My depop username is….you’ve guessed it… @tempsec! Have a look and see what you think! I’m not sure I like it, as I’ve not had much luck on there yet. It’s good if you’ve got a massive following on there, but otherwise it’s a bit of a waste of time. I like the idea of Depop but I think eBay is better in terms of selling.
I’ve been loving these longer days we’re having! I can get my work done until 6pm and still have enough light to go outside to get outfit photos taken! Why can’t it be like this all year round! x
Follow Me on Twitter • Like My Facebook Page • Follow My Blog on BlogLovin‘ • Send Me An Email

1. 29th June 2014 / 12:48 pm

Your hair looks amazing – it suits you so well!
    I love this lace kimono, it compliments the playsuit so well!
    Ahhh I just love all of it ha!

Kelly from | DayDreams & DaisyChains

2. 29th June 2014 / 12:53 pm

I have two things to say to you missy!

First of all, I love that hairstyle and the fact that it looks so complicated when it really isn't. I have mastered it recently and it only requires a couple of bobby pins now. I like it when it looks a bit messy though (I feel I have no choice with all my layers etc, nothing can stay in there perfectly anymore!). You really rock it there!

Also I love love love that bag. I have a similar bright yellow one but without the handle–I like how your handle flattens the top out though. Do you find that it's hard for you to keep it clean?? I feel like I'm really paranoid over mine all the time because the colour is so light.

Demi

3. 29th June 2014 / 12:57 pm

I love this whole look! You're such a babe, and your style always makes me inspired. Love the hair too xx

4. 29th June 2014 / 1:16 pm

So so stunning Sarah x

5. 29th June 2014 / 2:54 pm

Love the look, the sunglasses are great 🙂

Lola xx

29th June 2014 / 3:27 pm

You always look so gorgeous in your outfit posts, honestly I love your style so much! I have to agree with you on depop (I find plenty more bargains on eBay I think) but will be going on there now for a browse, although I have to disagree with you about the glasses – I think they do suit you well haha! x

7. 29th June 2014 / 3:32 pm

Oh I really love the milkmaid braid! It's so cute and it REALLY suits you xx

8. 29th June 2014 / 4:01 pm

Hello lovely, I've just came across your blog and it's awesome!

I'm your newest follower and look forward to your next post – love the milkmaid braids!

I have a new outfit post up on my blog, would love to know your thoughts:

xoxoxoxox

9. 29th June 2014 / 4:29 pm

Love this outfit and your hair!
    x

10. 29th June 2014 / 4:43 pm

I am in love with everything about this outfit! It's so romantic 🙂

11. 29th June 2014 / 7:30 pm

I love milkmaid braids. Such a simple way of throwing your hair up in the heat and still looking cute! You look lovely – glasses and all!
    I've just signed up with Depop too and don't understand the hype, although I've not tried selling anything on there yet.

Jegz xo http://jegz-loves-tea.blogspot.co.uk/

12. 29th June 2014 / 7:31 pm

Aw I think the big round sunglasses look cute on you! I'm a fan of ridiculously large sunglasses though. I really love your lace kimono here. I thought it was so pretty last time you wore it too.

PetitePanoply.com

13. 29th June 2014 / 9:54 pm

Your hair style is so pretty *__* I also really like the sun glasses <3

The florar dress is so pretty, I'm afraid that it wouldn't look good on me TwT
    Take care, have a nice day! <3

14. 29th June 2014 / 9:56 pm

You look so beautiful Sarah! I WISH I could do my hair like that. The outfit is really pretty too. 🙂

Tara x

15. 29th June 2014 / 10:02 pm

Ah I like the sunglasses and reckon you pull them off really well! I just went back and had a cheeky stalk of your earlier outfit post too – SO much better than my first attempt!

xx

16. 30th June 2014 / 4:55 pm

I actually think those glasses are cute and pull this whole look together! I was surprised to read on to see you don't like them… Great colours in this outfit and the braids are perfect. I keep thinking I'll try this style again soon – it's one I haven't worn for years either, but you're right, so easy and looks like you've out way more effort in than you have!

17. 30th June 2014 / 7:42 pm

How on earth do you get it looking so neat though? I know if I plaited my hair in two lots at the bottom then folded it over my head there would be weird bumps at the bottom – I suck with all things hair, and this looks so pretty!

xx

18. 1st July 2014 / 8:50 am

Love this outfit and your hair is so pretty.

19. 4th July 2014 / 10:21 am

this is such a cute look, sarah! love the pattern on that dress.