Styling: The Yellow Clutch Bag

fashion blogger uk
Styling statement accessories, ways to wear a yellow clutch bag
Style Blogger UK
Dress PersunMall / Clutch Bag* Baleeblu / Shoes Freed Of London / Cardigan F&F
After a stormy week, the weather is somewhat tolerable enough to venture out for a brief meet-up with some friends, but with the wind still blowing strong, it was less than desirable for taking outfit photos. Yes, Wind, I did want a face full of hair… how did you know!
I can’t begin to tell you and admit to you how much I’ve been wearing this black cardigan from F&F when I’m at home. I should probably put it in the wash right now! Ever since I bought it a couple of months ago, it has been on my back non-stop! Although it’s not yet tatty, it did used to be a lot fluffier and chunky, but all the texture has been flattened from the constant wear. I spotted a similar one in Primark and I think I’ll buy it in white next time I pop in.
Since I’ve become so attached to my cardi, and the appearance of it looking a bit worse for wear, I decided to replace my usual black satchel with a fancy yellow clutch bag. A statement piece of accessory to brighten the outfit up and I wore my ballet flats so it didn’t feel too dressy. Even though I ended up taking my satchel with me and leaving it in the car – just incased I needed a bigger bag – I actually didn’t need much for where I was going today. The colour of the clutch bag matches my dress ever so subtly. The loose fit dress is from PersunMall and it’s quite a straight-up-and-down, boxy kind of shape. It is navy blue with scattered yellow dots and I think the colour of clutch bag ties in well with the outfit. It just makes the outfit more interesting and I’d rather carry a bright accessory than match it with a navy one, it would have been too matchy-matchy!
Follow Me on Twitter — Like My Facebook Page — Follow My Blog via BlogLovin‘ — Send Me An Email

1. 6th January 2014 / 4:41 pm

That bag is just lovely, and looks wonderful with your dress! x

2. 6th January 2014 / 4:49 pm

That bag is just lovely, and looks wonderful with your dress! x

3. 6th January 2014 / 4:55 pm

This outfit is fantastic and I adore that clutch! Awesome blog.

Hilary
    hilaryayersblog.blogspot.com

4. 6th January 2014 / 6:10 pm

Your outfits are always so wonderful and don't you worry – I know how brave you are for going out into this wind we've been having lately!! Happy new year lovely. T xx

5. 6th January 2014 / 6:28 pm

This cardigan looks so cosy! And I love the dress πŸ™‚ x

6. 6th January 2014 / 6:45 pm

This is such a pretty outfit! I have a similar cardigan from River Island and like you I haven't stopped wearing it – it seems to go perfectly with everything! x

7. 6th January 2014 / 7:05 pm

this clutch is gorgeous, I wouldn't usually opt for yellow but it bloody rocks! You look beaut Sarah! x

8. 6th January 2014 / 7:10 pm

I have bought things from F&F in the past and worn them to death..their clothes are just so nice. You look lovely x

9. 6th January 2014 / 7:11 pm

Really love the contrast of the yellow bag against the navy. Looks lovely. β™₯ πŸ™‚
    The cardigan is gorgeous too.

10. 6th January 2014 / 8:25 pm

your outfits are always so so perfect!!

11. 6th January 2014 / 8:27 pm

This outfit is gorgeous and so are the piccies – Love it. Love the pop of colour too x

12. 6th January 2014 / 9:40 pm

The dress is so cute, and I love the pops of yellow and orange πŸ™‚

13. 6th January 2014 / 9:50 pm

Love the yellow bag πŸ™‚ And I would wear the cardigan all the time – it looks super cosy πŸ™‚ Happy New Year! xx

14. 6th January 2014 / 10:50 pm

You seriously have the cutest dresses! I really like the dark tones combined with some pops of colors! hehehe I bet we will see your cardigan more often now right? I have that kind of obsession with mine as well so I fully understand you xD

15. 6th January 2014 / 11:46 pm

I love how you paired the blue and yellow together! They complement each other so well. That cardigan is adorable by the way, I've been looking for a similar one for the longest time πŸ™‚

16. 7th January 2014 / 12:10 am

I love this look!
    The dress and the coat are amazing, and the clutch gives a really fun energy to the look.
    Take care, have a nice day :3

17. 7th January 2014 / 12:13 am

That clutch is gorgeous, I love the other colours too! Such a pretty backdrop again, I always swoon over your snaps. <3

Tara xo

18. 7th January 2014 / 5:06 am

That dress is adorable! And the clutch goes so well with it! <3

x,
    t1nale.blogspot.com

19. 7th January 2014 / 11:05 am

Really like this outfit! The dress with the collar is so pretty πŸ™‚ x

Blue-Bow

20. 7th January 2014 / 12:05 pm

This outfit is so lovely Sarah and the yellow clutch bag goes so wonderful with it πŸ™‚ xx

21. 7th January 2014 / 4:27 pm

the bag just brings the whole look together! it's beautiful. xx
    wanderlise.blogspot.com

22. 7th January 2014 / 6:02 pm

You have such an amazing style!!!
    Maybe will follow each other?
    My blog- irinasenina.blogspot.com

23. 10th January 2014 / 1:48 am

You look adorable! Ha, now I know I'm not alone when it comes to over wearing stuff. For me it's definitely stuff that I wear around the house, A LOT, especially with how freezing it's been in my state! We've been in the negatives so I've been wearing my hoodie that I always wear. In my defense, I only have one so this is the only one I really have to wear. Guess I should get another one, aha. I love the dress, it's so adorable and looks so cute with the cardigan. I also really, really love that clutch! It pops perfectly with your dress and it's so sunny and bright. It almost made me forget the cold scenery behind you, aha. I need a clutch like that, I've been looking around for a clutch so I can just have less crap to carry but still be able to fit some essentials. Anyways, lovely outfit as always! πŸ™‚

24. 10th January 2014 / 11:17 pm

Wind and outfit pictures definitely don't mix well! I usually just let my hair do whatever even if I look ridiculous. As long as it's not in my mouth it's all good.
    but anyway you look so cute in this dress. I love the way your yellow bag looks with the navy blue dress. That cardigan looks so nice and cozy too. I hate when well-loved clothes start looking well-loved if you know what I mean. I don't think this one looks too worn out though. Hopefully you'll find another one to buy soon!