My feelings towards doing fashion blogging have changed this year and that's why there hasn't been that many outfit posts from me as the previous years. Or maybe it's because I've been blogging a lot more in 2014, and my content has been pretty varied, that it just seems like I've not done a lot of personal style blog posts. I, briefly, touched on it on one of my blogposts about the pressure of being blogger perfect and keeping up with magazine-editorial-style photography. I simply fell out of love with it all but outfit posts and personal style was the very thing that made this blog in to what it is, and I want to pick it back up again in the New Year!
I always love doing these round up/end of year posts because it reminds me that it is suppose to be fun! And in the process, offer styling ideas for petite women like myself who are under 5ft 3 and find it hard to find things that fit properly. Most outfits I wear do need a bit of tweaking or the use of clever style tricks. I'm going to give a little blurb about each outfit too and give an brief insight in to what I do when working with brands.
Here are my fave outfits that I featured on the blog in 2014 (along with links to the actual blogpost):
(from left to right)
1. Tribal Print Playsuit: I just had to start off with this one which it was done especially for Very.co.uk magazine, a supplement with OK Mag. I was really excited about this one and it got a full page in the magazine.
2. Pleated Skirt: This was a collaboration with Rekorderlig, they had asked me to use one of their drinks flavour as inspiration for an outfit. As my passion fruit mascot costume was not available that day, I opted for a chic pleated skirt and a zingy yellow clutch bag instead.
3. Seventies Vibes: Laura Ashley asked me to style their white shirt in three different ways. I tried to make each outfit as interesting as possible (whilst staying true to my own style) but out of the three, this one where I paired it with denim shorts and floppy hat is my fave.
4. Hero Shakes T-Shirt: This is a recent outfit post and it is a bit different from the rest, or at least it's one of the most casual ones. I wore a scrappy denim shirt with a Hero&Cape tshirt, bobble hat and the coolest looking Eastpak rucksack. Comfy at it's best!
6. Head To Toe In New Look: This was the only Glam Media collab I did this year, my very first one. I had to travel to the flagship store in London and pick an entire outfit which was a lot of fun! It kickstarted the transition from summer to autumn perfectly, I have been wearing that coat non stop since I got it!
7. Florals and Milkmaid Braids: I remember this day, it was windy and it was a good job I put my long hair in to milkmaid braids. I love the overall outfit but the floral playsuit, which I bought from ASOS, isn't the nicest garment made, it had a lot of fabric dangly from between the legs in the doobly-doo area. Not a good look! But as I had already worn it, I couldn't return it! Boooo!
8. Monochrome Polka Dots: Polka dots usually make me look young and childish but I love a bit of black and white polka dots, I think it makes an outfit look more interesting and stylish.
9. If In Doubt, Wear Polka Dots: And that's exactly what I've done here. The dress is from Little Mistress but it was too long so I wore it with a narrow belt and tucked most of the fabric underneath to make it more of a tunic.
10. Tribal Print Shorts: This was part of a style challenge set by ASOS where they gifted me a pair of shorts to style it three ways. It was a cool ASOS SS14 collab (which they set in the middle of winter...) to promote their Summer trend stories, and I got given the trend "Gap Yeah!". Not my usual style so I did my best to style the shorts in 3 different ways, but I remember it being so incredibly cold, there was no way I would have been able to go out in public dressed like it was 25 degrees in Summertime! I know it doesn't look that cold in the pics, but I swear it was something like 3C and 15mph wind!
11. Jacquard Dress: Another simple outfit, made more interesting by polka dots and a gorgeous red leather bag. You can see the close up detail of the jacquard fabric on the dress, it is really pretty!
12. 50 Shades Of Pink: Another collaboration with another drinks company, this time is was Pago Juice who asked 5 bloggers to use one of their flavours as an outfit inspiration. There are lots and lots of flavours to pick from this time, but I went with strawberry. If you haven't tried Pago Strawberry Juice yet, get on it! It's delicious! For this outfit, I picked a hot pink jacket, a lace blouse with a burgundy bow and a baby pink bag. Probably one of my favourite outfits of the year!
13: M&S Leading Ladies: I like how M&S work with inspirational women who are well-known for their talent. Their Leading Ladies campaign was a successful one this year, and bloggers were asked to take part of the social media side of things by taking on style challenge (of course, what else...) in which we were asked to pick an outfit from the Leading Ladies range. It's not always an easy task me to find something suitable from M&S, the sizing is so big, but I remember eyeing up some of the stuff when I popped in to their store, it all looked so lovely. I was up for the challenge when I had a proper browse on their website and noticed that they do petite sizes.
14. Pineapple Playsuit: Oh, I LOVE this playsuit so much!! It's from Rare and it fits like a glove! I really like the pineapple print trend and looking through this post takes me back to Summer! I wore the playsuit with an orange bag and painted my nails neon pink. So Summery!
15 and 16. Beige Trench Coat: Both of these photos are from the same outfit. The trench coat is from an Italian designer called Antonio Croce. The trench coat is so incredibly well made, I can't fault it. And as you can see, it looks so classic and timeless, it will be stylish for years t come!
17: Grid Print Playsuit: I had a lot of playsuits this Summer! This one is from Glamorous and it's really comfortable because the fabric is really lightweight and there are no fastenings, as the waist is elasticated. Pretty much a dream to wear during the warm, hot days! I can't wait to wear it again!
18: Dogtooth Skater Skirt: For some reason, this skirt shows up blue but it's a dogtooth print fabric in black and white. It felts quite big when I was wearing it (as in "does my bum look big in this" kind of a moment!) but it doesn't look too bad on the photos.
19: Black Midi Skirt: To me, if a skirt is knee length, it classifies as a midi to me! But I saw a true midi skirt on ASOS and wanted to try make it work on frame. I could never wear it without wearing heels which makes it a bit of a pain in the bum to wear on a casual basis, but it just goes to show that us petite girls doesn't have to shy away from awkward length skirts.
20: California Dreamin' with ASOS x Ted Baker: Another cool collaboration with ASOS and this time it's via Access All ASOS where bloggers can apply and sign up to opportunities such as style challenges, trips, freebies, discounts and all the other cool stuff. This one was with Ted Baker and my theme was "holiday" and with this particular outfit, I was going for the LA/Coachella kind of style with the biker, denim shorts and floppy hat.
That's it! This is my last blogpost of the year! Hope you like my outfits here, let me know which one is your favourite!
Thank you to everyone who has followed and been reading my blog, you guys are the absolute best! I can't say that I have been at my the most confident this year, I have been all over the place, so all your comments and words of encouragement have been truly appreciated. Always.
I wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Lots and lots and lots of love!
Social Media Links